PC Chapter UUMA Ministerial Services Rates
For those ministers serving in a congregational setting, it is generally understood that rites of passage are offered freely to contributing members of a congregation.
The following fees apply to non-members/contributors and to requests for service from those persons and congregations a minister does not contractually (or letter of agreement) serve.
- WEDDING: $400; with rehearsal $450; alternatively, 10% of total wedding budget plus current IRS mileage allowance
- FUNERAL, MEMORIAL SERVICE OR OTHER RITES OF PASSAGE: $250; with committal or eulogy $300 plus current IRS mileage allowance
- SERMONS, WORSHIP SERVICES: $250 (one service) $300 (two services) $350 (three services) plus current IRS mileage allowance
- OTHER PROGRAM SERVICES: $75 per hour of presentation plus current IRS mileage allowance
- WORKSHOP OR THEME TALK: $250 for half day or $400 full day plus current IRS mileage allowance
These guidelines are from the UUMA website. Individual ministers may make adjustment to increase these fees if the setting and experience warrant it. It is best practice in right relationship to one another to not charge less than these fees.